Large Scale Networking Coordinating Group (LSN CG)
The LSN CG coordinates the activities of the Large Scale Networking Program Component Area (PCA).
LSN members coordinate Federal agency networking R&D in leading-edge networking technologies, services, and enhanced performance, including programs in network security, new network architectures, dynamic multi-domain optical networking, heterogeneous networking (optical, mobile wireless, sensornet, IP,…), high data transport, federation across networking domains, testbeds, end-to-end performance measurement (e.g., development and use of perfSONAR), and advanced network components; grid, cloud, and collaboration networking tools and services; engineering, management, and use of large-scale networks for scientific and applications R&D, and research to address network complexity. The results of this coordinated R&D, once deployed, can help assure that the next generation of the Internet will be scalable, trustworthy, and flexible.
- August 14, 2012
- Software Defined Networking
- Software-Defined Network: A view from Summer Joint Techs focus-day by Inder Monga
- March 24-25, 2011
- FutureHetNets 2011 is a workshop on “Highly Controllable Dynamic Heterogeneous Networking” on March 24-25, 2011 at NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, California. It is sponsored by the Large Scale Networking Coordinating Group (LSN) of the Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD) interagency community, and supported by the National Science Foundation and NASA.
- June 7-9, 2011
- NORDUnet 2011
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
- Contact: Grant Miller:firstname.lastname@example.org
US Science Networks and Resources
Federal Agency Supported Networking Research Testbeds
- Briefing on OpenFlow/SDN (May 10, 2011)
- Complex Dynamic Networks: Architectures, Games, Components, Probability presented by John S. Baras, Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland College Park (May 11, 2010)