Wireless Spectrum Research and Development (WSRD)
The Wireless Spectrum R&D (WSRD) Senior Steering Group (SSG) has been formed to coordinate spectrum-related research and development activities across the Federal government. The purpose is two-fold: to help coordinate and inform ongoing activities across Federal agencies; and to facilitate the identification of shortcomings in the Government’s R&D portfolio with respect to technologies that allow a more efficient use of spectrum. These activities are consistent with the guiding principles of WSRD, which are transparency, smart investment, and the solicitation of opportunities for technology transfer across and beyond the Federal government.
WSRD was formed to inventory, coordinate, and make recommendations on Federal programs to advance the goals of the June 28, 2010 Presidential Memorandum: Unleashing the Wireless Broadband Revolution, Section 3. In addition, WSRD will work with academia and the private sector to help develop priorities, encourage private investment, and develop public/private partnerships when appropriate.
- Current functions and activities include
- Developing an inventory of recently completed and/or ongoing wireless spectrum research and development projects in the 2006-2010 timeframe.
- Completing a gap analysis of that inventory.
- Consulting with academic and private sector researchers to confirm this analysis.
- Developing recommendations for future research needs.
Wireless Spectrum Research & Development Senior Steering Group’s Testbed Information Portal
Wireless Spectrum Research & Development Senior Steering Group’s Testbed Information Portal.
Designed for the purposes of information exchange, it is our hope that this will prove useful for government, academic, and industry researchers in need of spectrum testing facilities.
We invite you to contribute information on testing facilities that are not currently listed, and that are available for use. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Workshops and Reports
- WSRD Workshop IV, MIT, Cambridge, MA (April 23-24, 2013)
- WSRD Workshop III Boulder, CO (July 24, 2012)
- WSRD Workshop II Berkeley, CA (January 17-18, 2012)
- WSRD Workshop I Boulder, CO (July 26, 2011)