The Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD) Program's member agencies coordinate their NITRD research activities and plans by Program Component Areas (PCAs) or program focus areas. For each PCA, agency representatives meet in an Interagency Working Group (IWG) to exchange information and collaborate on research plans and activities such as testbeds, workshops, and cooperative solicitations.
DOEs Advanced Network
Initiative (ANI) Testbed Project
Consists of 3 Phases
• Phase 1: “Tabletop testbed” at LBL (June 2010 to March 2011)
• Phase 2: Move to Long Island MAN when dark fiber is available (April 2011 to September 2011)
• Phase 3: Extend to WAN when 100Gbps available (late 2011) Funded as a 3 year project
• Ability to support end-to-end networking, middleware and application experiments, including interoperability testing of multivendor 100Gbps network components
• Researchers get “root” access to all devices
• Use Virtual Machine technology to support custom environments
• Detailed monitoring capabilities
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||15:10, 3 July 2012||(1.1 MB)||Webmaster|