NITRD -> NITRD Groups -> Large Scale Networking -> JET
Joint Engineering Team (JET)
The JET was established in 1997 and provides for information sharing among Federal agencies and non-Federal participants with interests in high performance research networking and networking to support science applications. The JET reports to the Large Scale Networking (LSN) Interagency Working Group of the Subcommittee on Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD)
Program Director, OASCR
Department of Energy
Office of Science
Program Director, CISE/OAC
National Science Foundation
Current Federal agency members include:
- Participation is open to the public
- Current non-Federal participants include: ACM, ARSC, CENIC, GENI, Cisco Systems, Inc., Columbia University, CSC, Esnet, Florida International University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Gloriad, Indiana University, Internet2, Juniper Networks, MAX, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, PSC, Qwest, Secure Mission Solutions, Texas A&M University, University of Alaska, University of California at San Diego, University of Delaware, University of Florida, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Maryland, University of Southern California, University of Utah, University of Washington, US Ignite, and Verizon
- Network access points (Network Internet Exchanges (NIX), I2, GigaPoPs, STARLight, ManLAN, etc.)
- Networking Testbeds (Optical, cloud, architecture, and networking research)
- High performance research connectivity
- International connections
- Traffic monitoring
- Performance measurement
- New technology deployment (e.g. SDN, IPv6, DNSSec)
- Best practices (e.g. 9000 Byte MTU frames, IPv6 tool naming)
NITRD Public Meetings
The NITRD Program holds meetings that are open for the public to attend. JET and MAGIC Teams provide an opportunity for the public to engage and participate in information sharing among Federal agencies and non-Federal participants.
Large Scale Networking (LSN)-Joint Engineering Team (JET) Federal Register Notice: 83 FR 4931
- "Operationalizing Software-Defined Networks", Summary of Large Scale Networking Workshop, September 18-20, 2017.
- "Operationalization of Software-Defined Networks (SDN) Program Review", Large Scale Networking (LSN) Workshop Report, December 2013.
- "Complex Engineered Networks", Large Scale Networking (LSN) Workshop Report, September 2012.
- "Report of the Interagency Optical Network Testbeds Workshop 2 (ONT2)", Joint Engineering Team (JET) Workshop Report, September 2005.
- "New Visions for Large Scale Networks: Research and Applications", Large Scale Networking (LSN) Workshop Report, March 2001.
Resources / Materials