Pioneering the Future of Federally Supported Data Repositories
JANUARY 13 – 15, 2021
NITRD BIG DATA INTERAGENCY WORKING GROUP (BD IWG) WORKSHOP
- When: January 13 – 15, 2021
Pioneering the Future of Federally Supported Data Repositories workshop will explore future visions for federally supported research data repositories to identify future opportunities and challenges; what the repositories can do to prepare for this future vision; and how to build and strengthen the community of federally supported repositories.
Data-driven research and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) bring renewed focus on research data repositories. Adapting to the emerging and evolving needs and requirements of future data-intensive research is a challenge facing such repositories.
- The Convergence of High Performance Computing, Big Data, and Machine Learning. Workshop report. BD IWG, High End Computing (HEC) IWG, NITRD, National Science and Technology Council (NSTC). September 2019.
- Open Knowledge Network: Summary of the Big Data IWG Workshop. BD IWG, NITRD, NSTC. November 2018.
- Measuring the Impact of Digital Repositories: Summary of Big Data Workshop. BD IWG, NITRD, NSTC. July 2018.
- Measuring the Impact of Digital Repositories: Recommendations. BD IWG, NITRD, NSTC. July 2018.
- Frontiers of Data Visualization Workshop II: Data Wrangling. HCI&IM Task Force, BD IWG, NITRD, NSTC. July 2018.
- Rajeev Agrawal, DoD
- Jordan Thomas, DOE/SC
- Chaitan Baru, NSF
- Laura Biven, NIH
- Frances Carter-John, NSF
- Ishwar Chandramouliswaran, NIH
- Wo Chang, NIST
- Ji Lee, NITRD NCO
- Debra Agarwal, LBL
- Philip Bourne, University of Virginia
- Jody Crisp, ORISE
- Julia Lane, New York University
- Angie Lester, ORISE